An untutored writing retreat in the heart of Shropshire's countryside
Untutored retreats provide a great opportunity to kick-start a project; to move writing on; or simply to get something finished! Meal-times form the only formal structure of the day where ideas, inspirations and even frustrations can be shared with fellow writers.
What to expect:
- a peaceful, stunning location with landmark views
- Accommodation and all meals are included in the price (excludes alcohol)
- hosted by a writer
- a small group (no more than 5)
- a comfortable writing room where you can work in the company of other writers
- take walks in the local wood and along the Shropshire Way straight from the farmhouse
- free parking/ free collection from Yorton train station (a ten minute connection from Shrewsbury train station)
- the writing retreat runs from 3pm Tuesday 13th February - to 11am Friday 16th February 2024
Double- shared bathroom (farmhouse) £380
Double with ensuite (farmhouse annexe) £450
Double with ensuite (shepherd's hut in the grounds) £460
Terms & Conditions
1. The deposit that reserves your place is non-refundable, except in the case of 2. below
2. In the event of cancellation of a writing retreat at Hill Farm for any reason (including Covid), we will refund all sums paid to us by you to that point but will not be liable for any other costs incurred by you.
3. In the event that you need to change your booking for a retreat, after paying the deposit, we will work with you to transfer your booking to an alternative available retreat date, where possible.
4. In the event that you are forced to leave the retreat with more than 24 hours of the retreat remaining, for reasons beyond your control, we may refund a proportion of the balance of payment at our sole discretion.
5. 30% deposit is required to book a place.
6. The balance must be paid 30 days before arrival.
If you would like to stay for a longer/shorter break at a different time of year, please get in touch. Bed & breakfast with self-catering is an option. email@example.com
- a reading retreat
- a tutored writing retreat
Interested? Send Louise an email, and we will be in touch with details.
Hill Farm, Clive, Shrewsbury,
The Local Area:
Theatre Severn, Shrewsbury Library, Corbet Wood, Hawkstone Park.
To book or request more information email Louise
Please include a phone number in your email.3
Richard, August 2023
"Beautiful place, quiet surroundings. I really enjoyed my stay and really didn’t want to leave. Louise is an excellent host.“
Louisa, July 2023
"I really enjoyed my stay. An absolutely lovely welcome and such a calm and peaceful to work. Amazing."
Susan, May 2023
"The location was idyllic with beautiful far reaching views. It was a peaceful and relaxing place to edit my novel, with as much or as little support as you wanted. Louise was very helpful and friendly."